Forget blueberries, mulberries are the real deal when it comes to making sweet treats that are delicious. Although if you want to boost the health factor, simply use your preferred choice of healthy ingredients in lieu of the basic ingredients in this recipe and you are good to go!
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 2 organic eggs
- ¾ cup milk
- ½ cup melted butter
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup sugar
- Demerara Sugar (according to preference)
- 1 cup mulberries (You can order quality mulberries from Organic Merchants)
- Preheat the oven at 150 degrees Celsius before beginning the baking process
- Melt the butter for 15-30 seconds in a microwave and allow it to cool
- Take a bowl and add eggs, lightly whisking them until they are frothy
- Add the eggs and milk to the melted butter and whisk the ingredients together
- In another bowl, add the dry ingredients: flour, salt and sugar
- Once combined, mix both dry and wet ingredients until the batter has moistened
- Add the mulberries into the muffin batter and fold
- Next, grease a muffin tin and scoop the batter with a teaspoon
- Lightly sprinkle demerara sugar on top of the muffins before putting them in the oven
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the muffins acquire a golden hue
- Serve with pride
Perhaps it’s time you moved that store-bought strawberry jam out of the way and opted for a healthier option. Mulberry jam is a wonderful concoction, and since its sweetness offers just the right balance of hedonism and indulgence, you won’t get your fill of it.
- A jam jar (half pint)
- 3 lbs mulberries
- 7 cups sugar (Your preference)
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 1 bottle liquid pectin
- Take a saucepan and add all the berries properly, crushing them to make sure that they’re spread in the pan
- Turn on your stove at a gentle light and heat the berries until the juices start to flow
- Allow the berries to simmer for 15 minutes; make sure to keep them covered
- Take a jelly cloth or a bag and pour all the berries in it
- Squeeze all the juice out
- Take 3 cups of juice from the total juice into a large saucepan
- Add the lemon juice and sugar, making sure that you stir it well
- Bring the mix to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly
- Stir in the pectin and bring the mix to a hard boil for one min. Do not stop stirring
- Remove the saucepan from the stove and skive off the foam that’s formed on the surface with a metal spoon
- Pour the jam into sterilized jars then seal.
Healthy, delicious, simple and easy to get addicted to, this mulberry smoothie will definitely become your go-to treat after a hard workout.
- 1 cup yogurt, preferably plain
- 15-20 mulberries
- 1 cup milk (you may choose to use almond milk)
- 1 cup ice
- Blend in a blender until the smoothie acquires its peak form
- Go nuts!
Each of these recipes use the most fundamental ingredients so you won’t even have to worry about getting expensive stuff that you’ll only end up using once.
So go ahead, buy mulberries online from Organic Merchants and start experimenting with your palette. You’ll thank us later!
- 15% OFF your order. Grab your coupon code HERE
- FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $50.
- 10% CASHBACK on all your purchases.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *